Founded in 2016, Pimloc is a British technology company on a mission to advance visual AI systems in the interests of people and their freedoms. The risks associated with video surveillance have fundamentally shifted - we unknowingly give away our freedom every time we walk down the street, enter a store, commute to work or watch a game. We are developing systems that will allow businesses to increase security without compromising personal privacy.
Pimloc’s technologies are powered by the latest developments in deep learning for the automated detection and redaction of personal information (PII) in video. Pimloc’s Secure Redact SaaS solution (www.secureredact.co.uk) allows all businesses to anonymise personal data in video so that it can be processed for security and analytics whilst still protecting privacy. This can be used for specific compliance requests to create anonymised video clips of incidents, or to anonymise live video streams for wider sharing and analytics.
Pimloc is currently working across diverse sectors including: entertainment venues, retail, hospitality, education, manufacturing, transport, healthcare, law enforcement and local government. These sectors are relying on Pimloc’s services to deal with data protection compliance and to maintain trust in their operations with the public, customers and employees. Pimloc is starting to explore new markets in Smart City, Insurance and video privacy/security use cases.
The market opportunity is vast and growing, Pimloc has recently raised material venture capital from leading investors and now wants to expand the team to take advantage of the market and our solutions competitive advantage.
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining lots of code in Node.js.
- Scope, design and build scalable, performant and secure web applications and APIs
- Provide input into the direction of the business and future product road maps.
- Communicate, liaise, and coordinate activities with Pimloc colleagues both within and outside the Engineering Team.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience working with RestAPIs and websockets
- Good knowledge of relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- You're comfortable working with modern tooling (Git, CI/CD)
- Experience using Docker
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non technical colleagues
- (Desirable) Experience with AWS Infrastructure
What we offer:
This is a great chance to join a young company with a dynamic culture, exciting market and outstanding technology backed by world class investors. We live by our brand values: Trusted, Independent, Ingenious and Eclectic.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise that the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you’re excited about working with us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We also know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Pimloc. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please do let us know.